Oct 03, 2022, 10:00 AM MDT
Moab, 111 E 100 N, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Rules & Guidelines
Plein air painting is a painting completed in the field, on location and “in the moment.” Please note there is NO limit to the number of surfaces you can have stamped. Two paintings may be submitted for judging in the Competition and they must have been completed 90% on site and within 50 surrounding miles of Moab, during the festival. Paintings must be framed or gallery wrapped and ready for hanging upon entry. The maximum size of any painting is 24″ X 24” (not including the frame and matte). These items must be agreed to for participation in the 2022 Red Rock Arts Festival Plein Air Competition:
- Entries will not be accepted if the authentication stamp is not visible on the back of actual painting surface or canvas.
- Entries will not be accepted if they are produced using manipulated photographic processes, computer enhanced imagery, or any image NOT created in the pure intent of outdoor, on location, plein air painting. Mixed media processes are acceptable, but MUST be applied to a surface by the hand of the artist.
- At least 90% of the artwork must be produced outdoors in the spirit of plein air.
- All paintings must be framed or gallery wrapped and ready to hang.
- The maximum size of artwork accepted is 24” X 24” (not including matte and frame).
- The Red Rock Arts Festival (Moab Arts) retains 30% of all sales of artwork produced during the competition and festival week, whether entered into the competition or art sale. Checks for the sale of artwork will be mailed to artists after the festival. Additionally, any sale made either by agreement with the buyer prior to the competition or through arrangements following the competition are subject to the same agreement.
- Images of artists participating in and artwork produced during the Red Rock Arts Festival may be used in festival publicity (website, posters, advertisements, etc.).
- Registered artists agree to respect both private property owners by securing permission to go onto their property and public lands by following the use regulations of the various land management agencies (i.e. obtaining necessary use permits, staying on designated roads and trails, etc.).
Artists will be asked to confirm that the above rules and guidelines were followed when artwork is submitted for the competition.
Art Sale Submissions will be accepted on Wednesday, October 5th, 5pm - 6pm
Moab Arts (the MARC) is delighted to offer registered artists space to display up to two paintings for sale no larger then 24"x 24" (not including the frame and matting). All pieces in the Art Sale MUST be framed or gallery wrapped, and ready to hang on a wall. We request that artists provide easels for display. The Art Sale is open to the public Friday Oct. 7th - Sunday Oct. 9th, and Red Rock Arts Festival retains a 30% commission on all sales. Our team will notify you when your pieces sell.
Artists should plan to collect remaining artwork at the MARC on Sunday, October 9th by 8pm.
Registration (Post 9/16)
+$1.13 service fee
+$1.13 service fee0